As the popularity of the blockchain sector grows, there is no shortage of books on the subject. As a result of the ever-growing number of books and guides being released, it can get confusing to sift through the publications in order to find the title that best meets your needs.
Whether you are a novice or possess some understanding of blockchain technology, there are a number of books that should be on your must-read list.
Here are our picks for the best blockchain books for 2019.
|Name||Description||Goodreads Rating||Authority (0-5)||Number of Ratings on Amazon||Difficulty level|
|Writing and Content Quality (0-5)||Score|
|Blockchain Basics||• Written by Daniel Drescher, this book is arguably the best basic introduction to blockchain technology for novices.|
• Does not require prior knowledge or understanding of computer science, math, cryptography or any other related terms in order to grasp the principles.
|Digital Gold: Bitcoin and the Inside Story of the Misfits and Millionaires Trying to Reinvent Money||• Written by New York Times journalist Nathaniel Popper, Digital Gold tells the story of bitcoin through the eyes of some of the movement's most colorful characters. |
• For readers who like bitcoin, technology and history, this book makes for an amusing and interesting read.
|Mastering Bitcoin||• Written by Andreas Antonopoulos, a vocal bitcoin advocate and computer scientist, who gives a thorough explanation of the infrastructure of the Bitcoin blockchain.|
• Best suited for those who already have a basic understanding of programming and cryptography.
• Provides a basic understanding of how to create a blockchain of your own.
|The Business Blockchain||• Written by William Mougayar, a man with over 30 years of experience in business and technology, with a foreward by Vitalik Buterin.|
• Provides an easy-to-understand introduction into the advantages that blockchain technology holds for businesses.
• Written for business executives and entrepreneurs looking to understand how blockchain technology can be an addition to their organizational structure.
|Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money, Business, and the World||• Written by blockchain advocacy duo, Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott, this book delves into how blockchain technology can change money and business, and society in never-before-seen ways. |
• The book highlights where this innovative new technology can take us in the coming decades.
|The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and Digital Money Are Challenging the Global Economic Order||• Written by Wall Street journalists Paul Vigna and Michael J. Casey, The Age of Cryptocurrency answers the question: Why should I care about Bitcoin?|
• The book delves into how cryptocurrencies have the potential to restructure traditional financial services and social structures.
|The Internet of Money||• Written by Andreas Antonopoulos, a vocal bitcoin advocate and computer scientist, The Internet of Money answers the question "Why Bitcoin?"|
• The book contextualizes the significance of bitcoin through a series of essays covering the maturation of the digital currency over time.
|Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor's Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond||• Written by Chris Burniske and Jack Tate, Cryptoassets is the go-to book for professional investors who want to learn more about digital currencies and tokens. |
• The book is a must-read for anyone who is serious about investing in cryptocurrencies.
|The Book of Satoshi||• Written by Phil Champagne as an exhaustive compilation of all publications posted online by bitcoin's pseudonymous creator.|
• Provides all of Nakamoto's online posts in a chronological manner with added commentary from the author.
• Is an exhaustive delve into bitcoin's history for those looking to learn more about Satoshi Nakamoto and bitcoin's past.
|Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain||• Written by David Gerard, a bitcoin and blockchain skeptic, who does a good job of encapsulating the major challenges facing the cryptocurrency sector.|
• Provides a contrarian view of blockchain to help readers understand the main criticisms with which the sector struggles so that readers can form a well-rounded opinion about blockchain technology.
|Blockchain for Dummies||• Written by Tiana Laurence, the CMO and co-founder of Factom, Blockchain for Dummies is an excellent introduction into digital currencies and blockchain technology. |
• The book covers the technology behind the blockchain and introduces a range of existing distributed ledger technology solutions.
|The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking||• Written by academic and Austrian economist, Saifedean Ammous, The Bitcoin Standard discusses the history of money, the relationship between economics and society, and why bitcoin constitutes "good money". |
• The book touts bitcoin as an excellent alternative the central banking, which makes it a must-read for open-minded lawmakers and bankers alike.
|Blockchain Enabled Applications: Understand the Blockchain Ecosystem and How to Make it Work for You||• Written by Vikram Dhillon, David Metcalf, and Max Hopper, Blockchain Enabled Applications delves deep into how the blockchain can disrupt various industry beyond financial services. |
• The authors share case studies and practical insights into the challenges that blockchain startups face and how to overcome them.
|Cryptocurrency Trading & Investing: Beginners Guide To Trading & Investing In Bitcoin, Alt Coins & ICOs||• Written by blockchain advocate Aimee Vo, Cryptocurrency Trading & Investing provides an excellent guide to investing in digital currencies.|
• This book is a useful read for beginners who want to learn more about this new digital asset class.
|An Altcoin Trader's Handbook||• Written by digital currency investor Nik Patel, An Altcoin Trader's Handbook is a guide for navigating the ever-growing altcoin market from a trader's point of view. |
• The book is an excellent read for budding crypto traders who want to improve their investment knowledge.
|Blockchain: Blueprint For a New Economy||• Written by Melanie Swan, founder of the Institute for Blockchain Studies and a well-known personality in the blockchain sector.|
• Provides a deep-dive into the potential use cases of the technology as well as a basic understanding of blockchain technology.
• Covers a wide array of sectors and shows how blockchain technology can be used, albeit theoretically, to disrupt.
|Blockchain and the Law: The Rule of Code||• Written by Primavera De Filippi and Professor Aaron Wright, Blockchain and the Law highlights the need for adequate laws and regulations for blockchain technology to succeed and change the world in the many ways it potentially can. |
• This book is an excellent read for lawmakers who want to learn more about the blockchain, digital currencies, and decentralization.
|Introducing Ethereum and Solidity: Foundations of Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Programming for Beginners||• Written by computer programmer Chris Dannen, Introducing Ethereum and Solidity is a how-to guide for budding Ethereum developers who want to learn how to use Solidity to build applications on the Ethereum blockchain. |
• This book is an excellent read for programmers who want to learn how to code DApps, create digital tokens, and deploy smart contracts.
|Mastering Blockchain: Deeper Insights into Decentralization, Cryptography, Bitcoin and Popular Blockchain Forums||• Written by Imran Bashir, Mastering Blockchain goes deep into the working of the blockchain.|
• The book teaches its readers how to develop smart contracts, mine digital currencies, and more.
|Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Technologies||• Written by Hideki Kiyoko as an introduction to the world of cryptocurrencies, this book is perfect for those who are new to digital currencies.|
• Provides information on how to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, how to safely store cryptocurrencies, and how to avoid scams.
Of course, to stay up-to-date with what is happening in the world of bitcoin and blockchain technology, you can also join our vibrant community of digital currency investors and enthusiasts. It only takes a moment to subscribe to the Global Proposal newsletter and receive objective, in-depth analysis, and commentary on the world of investment opportunities in the blockchain space!